Our Services

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Have questions about Monarch? See below:

What does Monarch do?

Monarch provides services and supports statewide to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illness and substance use disorders. Our goal is to help people live valued lives they want for themselves to foster independence, identify certain residential options, secure employment, find ways to become part of their communities, etc.

Who does Monarch support and what ages of people are supported by Monarch?

Monarch provides supports and services to both children as young as 3-years old and adults. Monarch prioritizes admission to services for pregnant women and IV drug users.

How do I choose Monarch as my provider of services and supports?

Refer to the section “Resources for Patients and Visitors” for details about access to services, policies and other useful information.

Who do I contact to access services in my local area?

Services for individuals with developmental disabilities, mental illness, and substance use disorders are managed by Local Management Entities (LME’s)/Managed Care Organizations (MCOs). The LME/MCOs contract with different providers, like Monarch, to provide the services that are needed in their counties. A LME/MCOs directory can be found here: http://www.ncdhhs.gov/mhddsas/lmeonblue.htm

You can also contact Monarch at (866) 272-7826 and we will be happy to assist you.

Where does Monarch provide services?

Monarch provides services in many counties, and the service varies from county to county. Click here to see where we offer services and supports and/or call (866) 272-7826 for additional details and to learn whether we offer programs and services in your area.

How many people are supported by or receive services from Monarch?

This number varies as many people we support may only need us for a short period of time. In 2007, the agency provided support to approximately 3,000 please across North Carolina. Today, Monarch provides services statewide to approximately 30,000 people.

If I currently receive Monarch services, how do I request my medical records?

Our medical records request process ensures your health information is safely and confidentially maintained, while providing you access when you need them. Please click here to review instructions about how to submit a request.

Are you a state agency?

No. Although we receive funding from the state, we are incorporated as a private 501(c)3 organization, and are governed by a voluntary board of directors.

What do I do if I have a complaint or a compliment?

At Monarch, we want to hear from people we serve, families and community members. Your recommendations and concerns are very important to us and we offer a variety of ways that you can share feedback or offer input. We want to hear from you.

At any time , please contact your Monarch support team member to share a suggestion, kudos or concerns. These employees are familiar with your services and can help you in a variety of ways. Your support team will work with you to answer questions or address concerns.

If you do not receive an acceptable response from your support team, or would prefer to contact someone in administration you may:

Contact our toll free suggestion/concern line at (800) 342-1598 or email [email protected]. This phone line is monitored daily and someone will contact you. If you are uncomfortable leaving your name and number, feel free to leave your suggestion/concern anonymously, but we must have contact information so that we can follow up with you.

Use can also submit a concern, using our web-based feedback form. Once you complete and submit the form, it will be sent to a Monarch team member. If you choose to add your name and contact number, someone will follow up with you.

We work diligently to address all requests and follow up on all concerns. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, please let us know. You may call (866) 272-7826 or email [email protected].